Saturday 31 January 2015

12 months later

By 6 months after surgery my right foot had completely recovered, apart from a slight lack in sensation on the skin of my large toe. But my gait was normal and my foot was pain free, much better than before.

One year after the right foot had been repaired I decided it was time to complete the matching set. 

It is now the third day post operation and I'm relatively pain free. I use regular paracetamol and / or ibuprofen four times a day, but since the first post operative day no oxycodone. I am moving more than I did with the right foot and there's little swelling so far. Today I have used the exercise bike for 7 minutes. Last time I waited nearly two weeks.

The picture shows the foot just after I returned from hospital - only 6 hours after I left home. Again local anaesthesia with sedation. No after effects of this. 



No comments:

Post a Comment